Other Available Training Courses and Services
Contact us for more information or to schedule!
Training & Education
Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
When developing your facility or operational security contingency plans, the first step is always to conduct a site-specific threat/vulnerability assessment. A food facility security vulnerability assessment is a process by which The Global Food Defense Security Expert conducts a survey of your existing security measures, plans, policy’s and procedures and make recommendations to company management on those areas in which a risk of intentional product tampering and the security of your personnel, products assets and people are considered.
Six EZ Steps to conducting the assessment:
1. An assessment typically takes 1 to 2 days
2. Review of security documents such as security plans.
3.Conduct a "pre-assessment" debriefing with senior plant management and supervisors
4. Explain the use of GFDI's REDi Vulnerability Assessment Template Software
5. Using REDi, conduct the "outside" walk around looking for security vulnerabilities.
5. Conduct the "inside" walk around looking for security risks and vulnerabilities.
6. Conclude the assessment. Conduct a "debriefing of findings" with management.
7. Managment will receive a complete and written report of findings within 7 days!
Step 2. Write Your Facility Food Defense Plan
Being able to reponsd to a crisis or other type of event is critcal. Having a plan in place that is functional and readily available is key to reducing or mitigating the effects of the situation. GFDI can assist you in developing and implementing your security plans quickly and efficiently. A plan can be developed in less than 5 days!
Food Defense Management Certification
Available as Public Course or at Your Facility!
This training course is the hallmark of Food Defense. Extensive training and workshops covering Crisis Managment to responding to a tampering incident are all covered in the 1 or 2 day course. Here is a brief listing of the major topics covered:
1. Situational Response: Product Tampering & Threat Response Workshop
2. Understating Crime and Terrorism
3. FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
4. Understanding SQF and GFSI Food Defense Audit requirements
5. Developing Your Facility General Security Plans and Programs
6. Handling Crisis Management and Hostile Situations
7. Crisis Management with Interactive Workshop
8. Workplace Violence Program and Policy Development
9. How To Conduct Internal Tampering Investigations
10. Camera (CCTV) and Card Access Systems
Step 3. Train Management and Front Line Workers in Food Defense
It is essential that all members of your management and supervisory staff are fully trained in Food Defense to ensure your facility meets or exceeds the requirements of FSMA. Our training programs are flexible and can be customized to to provide your staff with just what they need to be secure and aware!
See Something/Say Something
Food Defense for Front Line and Office Employee's
Front line workers are your greatest asset in keeping your facility and your products safe. It is important that all of your employee's are trained as to what to look for, and how to protect themselves in an emergency such as an evacuation or an incident of workplace violence. This one-hour course will provide your employee's with the knowledge and information they need to survive. This course also helps with the FSMA requirement of security awareness training! Here are some of the key topics:
1. Recognizing Suspicious Persons
2. Parking Lot Security/Visitor Facilitation
3. Understanding Terrorism and Intentional Tampering a
4. Shipping, Receiving and Cargo Security
5. Chemical Control/Laboratory Security
6. Checking Credentials and other types of identification
7. How to handle suspicious packages/bomb threats
8. Building Access Policies. Preventing Piggybacking/Tailgating. Why this is important
9. Emergency Evacuations
10. Active Shooter Protocols…Run, Hide, Fight
Step 1. Conduct a Site Vulnerability Assessment
This is the first step to complying with FSMA and insuring the safety and security of your products, assets and people. GFDI uses our REDi Software template to conduct the assessment and provide you with a color-coded written report within 7 days of completing of the assessment.